As the Tax Director based at our headquarters in Novi, MI, you will be accountable for directing our growing Tax Department and for overseeing all aspects of the corporate Tax function for The Shyft Group.
Your successes as Tax Director will be instrumental in crafting and implementing The Shyft Group's corporate tax strategy moving forward. You will also be expected to support The Shyft Group's Corporate Development team with due diligence and scoping of tax exposure for proposed acquisitions.
Explore the hyperlinks below to learn more.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Delivering leadership to all aspects of the tax function
- Driving continuous improvement across tax processes
- Developing and implementing strategies for minimizing organizational tax liability
- Managing outside tax consultants and advisors and maintaining tax audit requirements
- Liaising with senior management on tax issues and key company initiatives such as incentives and grants
- Collaborate with Shyft business unit leaders on tax matters related to manufacturing operations
- Managing monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes, including provision calculations and reserve requirements and related SEC tax reporting
- Reviewing and approving tax planning reports including the organization's tax obligations and payments.
- Driving annual forecasts and tax plan processes
- Ensuring organizational compliance with tax code changes
- Overseeing all costs associated with the tax function
- Directing the review and submission of tax related documents and filings including federal, state, and local tax returns, declarations, and extensions
- 10+ years of tax accounting experience in a similar industry’s corporate tax department or a public accounting firm with a completed bachelor's degree
- Expertise in tax planning and tax compliance for a U.S. corporation
- Knowledgeable in tax accounting concepts and principles
- Up to date on current and proposed US federal and state tax legislation
- Solid grasp of taxation relating to manufacturing operations, acquisitions, research and development, and leasing properties
- Leadership and resource management experience
- Track record of defining and executing strategic tax plans, supporting acquisition activity,
- Proficient in establishing policies, practices, and procedures that significantly impact an organization
What Makes You Stand Out
Master’s degree in taxation, and CPA (or equivalent designation)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified Individual with a Disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About The Shyft Group
The Shyft Group (NASDAQ: SHYF) is North America’s leader in specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly, and upfit for the commercial, retail, and service specialty vehicle markets.
The Shyft Group and our brands are as driven as our associates. Every person behind our badge is given the tools they need to make a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their families. Across eight go-to-market brands, in ten states and two countries, we have over 3,000 dedicated employees working as one to lead with innovation, ingenuity, and a dedication to quality craftsmanship.
The Shyft Group rebranded in 2020 to reflect a new focus on high-growth end markets to help ensure long-term profitable growth. Our name and renewed focus reflect the action, speed, and agility we offer the commercial vehicle industry through our growing roster of brands – Blue Arc™, Utilimaster®, Royal Truck Body, DuraMag®, Strobes-R-Us®, Spartan RV Chassis, Red Diamond™, and Builtmore.
Location/Division:Novi, MI, USA