HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do everyday.
About the Role
This role augments the global SW development team in Novi and work on the readyUpgrade product revealed at CES 2023. This role will join the core task force team in the US who follows a 24hr turnaround of features and/or bug fixes by coordinating the offshore team.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate SW development activities with offshore development team and perform hand-off activities.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs.
- Perform technical coordination, problem triage, and solution.
- Feature enablement workshops for different customers and reference products
- Understand and improve required KPIs.
- Perform code reviews.
- Ensure the delivery of features in scope, time and quality.
- Ensure that the SW process is applied in the project in consultation with SW-APQP.
- Report status, issues and progress of the SW development to the SW project lead
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related degree + 8 years overall experience
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in developing SW for Automotive Electronics systems
- Experienced in C/C++
- Experience in AUTOSAR compliant application development and integration
- Knowledge with Vector DaVinci suite (i.e. Developer and Configurator)
- Deep understanding of CAN / CAN-FD / Ethernet protocols including Vehicle diagnostics & related tools
- Experience in inter process and inter processor communication mechanisms.
- Self-driven and Innovative to drive continuous improvements in Development process.
- Resourcefulness in triaging integration problems and coordinating with multiple teams for issue resolution.
What is Nice to Have
- Experience in design tools like Enterprise Architect(EA) is desirable.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to domestic travel up to 5%
- Be willing to work in Novi office. This role is eligible for hybrid working model.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class Harman and Samsung products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- Extensive training opportunities through our own HARMAN University
- Competitive wellness benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to HARMAN Campus Fitness Center and Cafeteria
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)