What does a day-in-the-life look like?
The payroll specialist is responsible for assigned weekly payroll up to 2,600 employees. Will take inputs from timecards and submissions from HD to process using ADP Vantage payroll system and UKG/Kronos timekeeping system. This position is also responsible for processing all liens and wage attachments for the U.S.
What does success look like?
- Calculating gross and net pay amounts (e,g,, salary, overtime, shift payments, sales commissions, bonuses, deferred compensation, benefits, tax withholdings, deductions, payroll liabilities, etc,).
- Payroll-specific records maintenance (changes in wage/salary rates; pension, insurance, mandatory deductions; new hires, terminations, leave of absence, etc,).
- Reconciliation of payroll records (e,g,, payments, deductions, general ledger entries for wages).
- Payroll data verification and administration.
- Monitor and manage payroll legislation compliance.
- Answering questions from employees and supervisors regarding payroll matters.
- May maintain records on vacation, sick leave, etc.
What you will bring:
- 3-5 years in progressive payroll experience in large company, prefer union or manufacturing experience.
- Experience processing liens and wage attachments
- Knowledge in ADP Payroll Systems, UKG/Kronos Timekeeping, MS office suite, excel.
- Business or accounting degree or equivalent experience
About Metalsa: We are a global company with 60+ years of experience in the automotive industry, we manufacture safe and sustainable products for people around the world. We are working for a better future where we enrich communities every day by being committed to people, innovation, and our planet. If you have what it takes to accelerate Metalsa’s vision of future mobility, we want you to join the team! For more information, visit metalsa.com
Metalsa’s Mission: To move the world more efficiently while protecting the environment and ensuring long-term economic and social value generation for our stakeholders.
Metalsa’s Vision: To become a leading mobility manufacturer of chassis and electrified solutions for the automotive, trucking, and off-highway industries.
EEOC Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.