Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Department: Plant Operations
- Schedule: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday
- Hospital: Ascension Providence Park
- Location: Novi, MI
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Under limited supervision, responsible and accountable for all routine applications of paint, varnish, stain, and other finishes to decorate and protect interior and exterior surfaces, equipment and furniture of hospital facilities. Perform routine drywall, taping, plastering, and sanding work as assigned.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the organizations core values through active involvement in the service excellence process. Work cooperatively and effectively with departmental staff and Providence Park associates. Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and attitudes, follow safety rules, work to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participate in organizational and departmental safety programs.
- Coordinate, schedule, and perform activities such as painting, varnishing, staining to decorate and protect interior and exterior surfaces, equipment and furniture. Coordinate activities with end users and other trades. Provide direction, guidance and instruction to newer employees. Assure that all installations are in conformance with specifications and regulations.
- Receive assignments and work orders. Review work orders for priority status and designated time schedules. Estimate time, material and cost requirements. Requisition material and supplies for work to be done.
- Prepare surfaces for painting by removing old paint, washing, scraping, sanding, patching holes, cracks and joints. Move and rearrange furniture, spread canvas, and erect scaffolding. Select premixed paints. Blend, mix, and thin paints and stains as needed. Keep a sufficient inventory of paint and supplies on hand.
- Apply coats of paint, varnish, enamels, to decorate and protect interior and exterior surfaces, trimmings and equipment of the hospital. Use paint brushes, rollers, and scrapers. Refinish articles, such as cabinets and doors.
- Repair, remove, and hang wallpaper, measure wall space, cut wallpaper to size, and apply to wall.
- Load and unload equipment, fill and empty paint containers, check job prior to completion, inspect/examine job, contact hospital personnel when repairs are required. Operate electric sanding machine, parking lot striper; use hand tools such as scraper, putty knife, tape measure, razor blades, paint brush and roller.
- Maintain all required records and documents relative to corrective maintenance activities. Maintain appropriate mixing instructions, sketches and blueprints. Complete all work orders in a timely, legible manner in order that complete and meaningful equipment histories are maintained.
- Perform routine drywall, taping, plastering, and sanding work as assigned.
- Respond to emergency calls in a timely manner.
- Assist trades personnel as assigned.
- Travel to satellite medical centers and perform tasks previously and subsequently described.
- Perform other non-routine duties such as, snow removal, spreading salt on hospital driveways, entrances, walkways, and general housekeeping/cleaning functions.
- Supplemental Job Duties:
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills consistent with mission and values.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate ability to walk and stand approximately 90% of work time, often lifting, positioning, and maneuvering equipment.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Journeyman card preferred.
- On-the-job, vocational, trade school or military training in painting required.
- Four years as a professional painter preferably in a hospital required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve throughout Michigan.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.