Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The embedded cybersecurity specialist works within light vehicle electrification business unit and in collaboration with the system/software engineering leads, to support the secure development of both hardware and software, which may include hardware trust anchors, secure on-board communication, secure bootloader, and other security controls.
- Perform cybersecurity assessment as assigned per project in relation to meeting stakeholder requirements
- Monitor automotive cybersecurity information, identify cybersecurity events, perform vulnerability analysis and risk assessment, manage vulnerability throughout product lifecycle
- Lead conversation related to cybersecurity vulnerabilities with customers and build cybersecurity case to prove product will meet cybersecurity objectives
- Support cybersecurity threat analysis and risk assessment for specified product
- Support cybersecurity process creation/execution to improve cybersecurity posture for LV EV business unit
- Support customer project teams during quoting process by analyzing cybersecurity requirements, providing effort estimates, and cross-referencing to the product offerings
- Work closely with software team to ensure secure coding practices, scan for CVEs/CWEs
- Support hardware and software vendors to reduce 3rd party cybersecurity vulnerabilities
- Work with core Dana cybersecurity as well as Dana IT and manufacturing to ensure proper synergies.
- Assist in cybersecurity awareness training within the business unit as required
- 3+ years of experience in embedded cybersecurity (automotive preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in cybersecurity analysis
- Knowledge of industry standards related to automotive cybersecurity (UNECE WP.29, ISO/SAE21434)
- Knowledge of automotive cybersecurity engineering
- Excellent communication and analytical skill
- Excellent organizational skills as demonstrated through executed production programs
- Experience with Jira, Polarion, Azure or similar tools
- Ability to work independently as required and take ownership of project deliverables
- Knowledge of ASPICE and ISO26262.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Certifications in cybersecurity is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.