Our Next Energy is paving the way for an electric future, innovating energy storage solutions that will rapidly expand the world’s ability to access sustainable power.
Get in on the ground floor of a disruptive pre-IPO start-up in one of the most exciting tech verticals: Energy Storage. Our Next Energy (ONE) is developing battery technology that will change daily life for millions of people. And we are looking for a wide variety of innovators to help engineer, test, improve, and manufacture our technology.
Read what the press is saying about us: Bloomberg, TechCrunch, Business Insider, and Auto News. We know that our technology advances solely from the minds and hard work of our team, so our company's foundational culture is one of support, development, and personal fulfillment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- We offer 100% paid employee benefits packages, competitive time off, and 15 paid holidays including a full week off the weekdays between Christmas and New Years.
- New parents are encouraged to take the fully-paid four months maternity leave and two months paternity leave. And everyone gets quarterly bonuses in addition to full access to the Employee Stock Option Program.
- This is your opportunity to work with some of the brightest and friendliest minds in tech
At Our Next Energy (ONE), the Business Analyst reviews, analyzes, and evaluates the needs to create solutions that support ONE’s overall business strategies. The Business Analyst documents system requirements, defines scopes and objectives, and creates system specifications that drive system development and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops detailed data analytics and insights for the business development team on growth opportunities
- Assists in the creation of budgets, forecasts, and variance analyses in order to make informed business decisions
- Creates reports for senior leadership on industry trends and opportunities
- Works closely with engineering teams to identify opportunities to reduce total price point for bill of materials
- Evaluates growth opportunities with prospective customers
- Analyzes key performance indicators, unit economics, inventory data and forecast future performance (includes developing models and decision-making tools)
- Provides strategic insights and conclusions based on analysis, including concise, digestible arguments with data to present to leadership
- Support the development and implementation of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Collect and distill customer requirements to be provided as inputs to next generation product requirements
- Interprets effects federal, state, and local regulatory regimes on business decisions
Performs any additional duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Required Bachelor’s in relevant field (Business, Economics, or any other quantitative analysis field)
- Required 2+ years of related experience
- Preferred experience in Business Process Modeling/Improvement, Data Analytics, System
- Documentation, Information Gathering, Scope Management, Business Requirement Gathering, and Systems Analysis, Sales Force
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload based on changing needs and manage through conflicting perspectives
- Proficiency with data visualization tools
- Detail-oriented, self-starter who is assertive, disciplined, and flexible
- Experience working with large, complex and incomplete data sets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolong periods of time
- Walk/move around and/or travel as needed
Full-time 40 hours and generally scheduled Monday through Friday 9am-6pm
Work schedule to be established with supervisor to ensure Company’s client and business needs are met
Flexible work schedule and environment, see company policy if applicable
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
- 2 years: Required 2+ years of related experience